Student Shuttle Services General Information
Information Needed To Book: Name, Address and Cell Number of Traveler Date and Time of Shuttle. Airport going to and Flight Numbers Door to Door: We offer a service that will pick you up at your residence for an additional $5 per passenger. This service is within a 3 mile radius of your JMU departure area. We will pick you up 30-45 minutes before your scheduled JMU departure time.
Payments: Full payment at time of booking. Our shuttles do sell out, and no seat is held without payment.
Vehicle Size: Vehicle size is based on number of travelers on the Shuttle time scheduled. Vehicles are assigned 48 hours before departure. We have a 4 person Caravan, 12 passenger Mini Bus, 25 passenger Mid Size Bus and a 47 person Motorcoach available. Historicly most of our shut shuttles are in the smaller vehicles.
Luggage: We currently do not charge for luggage. However it is customary to have 1 bag and 1 carry on bag. The smaller shuttles have less space than the larger shuttles, so the passenger may have to hold luggage in their seat area if have additional bags . .
Tipping: Tipping is optional, however, Drivers and Hosts include tips as part of their income. If you feel they have done their job above and beyond the call of duty, please reward them.
Seating: Seats on the vehicle are on a first come-first serve basis. We can reserve a seat for you if you have special circumstances. Once you have occupied a seat, that is your space for the duration of the tour.
Customer Cancellations: Cancellations to receive a refund must be received in writing by the person named on the invoice 48 hours before departure. Cancellations within 48 hours NO Refund. . NO SHOWS no refund.
Refunds: Refunds will be issued within 2-4 weeks upon trip cancellation in the form of how payment was received.
Private trips: We can arrange a private shuttle for any group for any destination. Churches, Schools, Clubs, Organizations or Businesses.
Flight Delays: Should your flight be delayed or you having issues at baggage claim, CALL OR TEXT your shuttle host. It is imparative that they know your situation, so they can hold the shuttle. WE WILL HOLD SHUTTLES FOR UP TO 30 MINUTES
Responsibility: Our staff, as the shuttle operator, act only as agents for the various companies whose accommodations are utilized. They assume no responsibility or liability in connection with the service of bus, train, vessel, carriage, automobile, airplane, boat or other conveyance which will be used either wholly or in part, Neither will they be responsible for any act, error, omission, or any injury, loss, accident or any delay which may be occasioned by reason of defect in any vehicle or through neglect or default of any company or persons engaged in the conveying of passengers.
2. The shuttle directors accept no responsibility for losses or additional expense due to changes of any other conveyance or facility used in the tour, sickness, accident, WEATHER, FLIGHT DELAYS, strikes, war or quarantine; all expenses must be borne by the passenger. The transportation companies concerned are not to be held for any act, omission or event during the time passengers are not aboard their Vehicle or other conveyance.
3. Personal effects are at owner's risk.
4. We reserve the right to reject or terminate the membership of any person whom the management may consider objectionable or disruptive to the operation of the shuttle.
5. All shuttles are NON-SMOKING. If on the vehicle over 2 hours, we will give the passengers an option of stopping for a rest break.
7. You are asked to respect those around you and to keep your actions and language within a civilized manner. The vehicle operator and/or host reserve the right to notify those they deem unruly or out of order. Those persons will be notified immediately.
8. At Pick up point, we will make an attempt to call you on your cell phone, however, if we cannot contact you we will wait for 10 minutes after scheduled time. If you are running late, or have baggage issues, please call us so we can be aware. Should any person(s) find themselves in trouble with law enforcement and unable to get on the designated vehicle at the required times, it will be their responsibility to acquire transportation home.
9. The right is reserved to make changes in the itinerary, and routing as circumstances may make necessary.
10. Any person needing attendant care must be accompanied by his or her attendant.
12. Current videos, and music may be played on shuttles, Adventures-N-Travel assumes no responsibility for content.
13. Traveling is potentially dangerous. It is a condition of traveling, that Adventures-N-Travel will not be held responsible for any damage, injury, or death to persons or property by travelling with us; however caused and no matter whether such damages, injury, or death be foreseeable or negligent.
Travel Time: Our out bound shuttle departs JMU Bookstore, travels to Dulles Airport, where there is a transfer to the Shuttle that travels to Tysons Corner Metro and Reagan Airport. The shuttle should arrive at Dulles Airport 2 hours after departure and 2 hours and 45 minutes after departure to Reagan Airport. Our return shuttle departs Reagan Airport, with a transfer at Dulles Airport. The travel time is usually the same coming back, however, with traffic and road conditions the shuttle may take longer arriving at JMU. Should we be delayed and the passengers are on the shuttle longer than 2 hours, we will stop at Haymarket Sheetz for a rest stop if traveling in a vehicle with out a rest room on board.
SUGGESTIONS: 1. It is best to book your shuttle to arrive at the airport at least an hour and 45 minutes before your flight time for domestic flights and 2 hours before International Flights.
2. ARRIVE AT YOUR SHUTTLE TIME 15 MINUTES BEFORE DEPARTURE.
3. Wear comfortable clothing designed for travel.
4. Carry snacks just in case you are delayed and food is not available.
5. Carry all medications with you on a carry on bag rather than put them in checked baggage.
6. AIR TRAVEL WILL BE STRESSFUL, EXPECT DELAYS, LONG LINES, UNAVOIDABLE PROBLEMS, BAD ATTITUES, LAST MINUTE CHANGES AND HIGH SECURITY. HAPPY TRAVELS!! Revised: 8//2019
Pickup Locations: Return Pick up locations
JMU: Bookstore at Godwin Hall and Bookstore Dulles Airport: ARRIVALS Baggage Claim area DOOR 3
Door to Door: We offer pick up at your residence Reagan Airport: ARRIVALS Baggage Claim DOOR 10
For additional fee Transportation by